It’s never too late. Finding your soul purpose with 5 simple step
So, you’ve either settled down or just plain settled. Perhaps the kids are now older, the relationship is not what it once was, and you find yourself, well….lost. What happened to you? Where did you go? You’ve not only forgotten what you like but you’ve gone so far as to forgotten who you are. Well, I’m here to tell you, it’s not too late to be what you might have been! Here are 5 simple steps to get back onto your path and into your purpose!
- Let go of pleasing others. When you focus on pleasing others, you sacrifice yourself and your desires. This is now the time to listen to you. Your gut, intuition, compass, whatever you prefer to call it, that’s ok, but just listen to it.
- Grab a piece of paper, pen and find a quiet place to sit. Interview the OLD you! The you before the marriage, before the kids, before you started putting yourself on the back burner. Ask yourself questions like “What did I enjoy before life became this big burden?” Did I have hobbies? Was I creative? Did I enjoy writing, singing, dancing, helping others? Did I like photography, art, film? Make a list. Great! Now you have your starting point.
- Release any fear you have that it’s too late. That you’re too old. You missed your time. It’s never too late to follow your dreams and your path!
- What if I don’t know my path? Well, start with what you do know. By now, you would’ve completed steps 1-3 so you have an idea of the things you like to do. Your hobbies. Start with those. Don’t worry about how much money you can make doing them or what formal requirements are needed to “accomplish” them. Go with “do I like this?” or “does the idea of trying this interest me?” If the answer is YES, then DO IT! Finding your purpose starts with passion. What are you passionate about?
- COURAGE: Now you have to put it in motion! Believe in yourself! You have to take the first steps. You can start by volunteering in the area that inspires you, or create your blog, start putting your dreams and yourself into the world so that you can shift the energy and manifest. When you begin to honor your path you will naturally connect with like-minded individuals who share your passions, dreams and visions making you feel more connected than you thought possible!